WESTPORT, CT and Mexico City – Megafarma, an Azelis Americas company, has agreed with BASF to distribute its Kollidon SR® and Kollicoat® Polymers and Coatings product portfolio in Mexico. The new mandate is the first significant addition to the Megafarma product portfolio since the acquisition by Azelis Americas was finalized in January. The specific products Megafarma will represent under this agreement are: Kollidon®SR- polymer for Sustained Release, Kollicoat® IR, Kollicoat® SR, Kollicoat® PROTECT, Kollicoat® MAE 100 P, 100-55, 30 DP, Kollicoat® SMARTSEAL 30D & 100P products. The agreement is effective July 1st, 2020.
Highlights & rationale
- This new mandate further strengthens Azelis’ strategic acquisition of Megafarma with an expanding porfolio into the Mexican pharmaceutical market.
- Megafarma customers across Mexico will now have access to the BASF Kollicoat portfolio of polymers and coatings for use in pharmaceuticals manufacturing.
- The new BASF mandate aligns with Azelis’ corporate strategy of organic growth with strategic partnerships and solidifies the growth of Azelis Americas in Mexico.
Martin Hernandez Gutiérrez, Director General, Megafarma, comments: “Megafarma has a successful history of serving the pharmaceutical industry in Mexico. Adding BASF’s Kollicoat and Kollidon product lines reinforces our commitment to provide our customers the industry’s best portfolio of ingredients and further expands the North American relationship BASF has with Azelis Americas.”
BASFs rich portfolio of instant and modified release solutions offers an unprecedented range of functionality. These products reflect our dedication to highly effective, reliable and resource-efficient solutions that help you confidently design the dosage form that you need. With our comprehensive know-how, decades of experienceand a broad excipient portfolio, we have solutions for all key formulation challenges.
Benefit from BASF´s comprehensive range:
- Widest functional offer range for instant & modified release in the industry
- Functional solutions for solid and liquid dosage forms
- Create your dosabge form with instant, enteric or sustained drug release